JSTOR Daily provides insight, commentary, and analysis of ideas, research, and current events, tapping into the rich scholarship on JSTOR, a digital library of more than 2,000 academic journals and other scholarly content. JSTOR Daily is provided by ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization with a mission to help the scholarly community take advantage of advances in technology, and is supported by libraries, scholarly societies, publishers, and foundations. These Terms and Conditions of Use will apply to your use of JSTOR Daily and any content, features or functionality made available from or through this web site (“JSTOR Daily Site”) and by using JSTOR Daily, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions of Use.ITHAKA reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. The most updated these Terms and Conditions of Use will be posted on the JSTOR Daily website.
- DMCA Use of JSTOR Daily. JSTOR Daily and any copyrights, copyright registrations and applications, trademarks, issued patents and patent applications, rights in ideas, designs, works of authorship, derivative works, and all other intellectual property rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property”) relating to JSTOR Daily and the JSTOR Daily web site are proprietary to ITHAKA.You may display and print for your personal, non-commercial use portions of content from JSTOR Daily. You may not otherwise alter or use any of the content without ITHAKA’s prior written consent nor may you undertake any activity such as computer programs that automatically download or export JSTOR Daily content and that may interfere with, disrupt or otherwise burden the JSTOR Daily server(s) or any third-party servers being used or accessed on connection with JSTOR Daily. You may use a hypertext link or any other ITHAKA provided method of linking to our content so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of your site by us or any other affiliation with JSTOR Daily. For further permission to use JSTOR Daily Intellectual Property, please contact JSTOR Daily via our web form http://daily.jstor.org/contact-us/.
- DMCA Links to JSTOR. JSTOR Daily may provide links to content on the JSTOR web site. You agree that use of the content on JSTOR shall be subject to the JSTOR terms and conditions of use (http://about.jstor.org/terms).
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold ITHAKA harmless from any and all liability and costs incurred in connection with any claim arising out of your breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use. You will cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim. ITHAKA reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
- Disclaimers. THE JSTOR DAILY SITE, CONTENT, AND ACCESS SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND ITHAKA AND ANY AND ALL THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SOFTWARE PROVIDERS AND/OR LICENSORS (“CONTENT PROVIDERS”) DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED, ORAL, OR WRITTEN) RELATING TO JSTOR DAILY, CONTENT, ACCESS SOFTWARE, OR ANY PARTS THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, COMPATIBILITY, MERCHANTIBILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ITHAKA MAKES NO WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY HARM THAT MAY BE CAUSED BY THE TRANSMISSION OF A COMPUTER VIRUS, WORM, TIME BOMB, LOGIC BOMB, OR OTHER SUCH COMPUTER PROGRAM. ITHAKA FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY AND MAKES NO WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS REGARDING THE CONTENT AND FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY AND MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIMS AND/OR THREATENED CLAIMS (INCLUDING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS CLAIMS AND/OR THREATENED CLAIMS) RELATING TO LINKS BETWEEN THE JSTOR DAILY SITE AND OTHER SITES AND/OR THE CONTENT ON SUCH LINKED SITES AND ANY AND ALL USES OF THE CONTENT.
- Governing Law. These Terms and Conditions of Use will be interpreted and construed according to United States Federal law, excluding any such laws or conventions that might direct the application of the laws of another jurisdiction, and venue will lie exclusively in the federal and state courts of the United States, excluding any such laws to the contrary.
- Termination. Any use of JSTOR Daily beyond the scope or in violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use, or any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity, may be grounds for termination of your access to JSTOR Daily from your IP address, without notice and at ITHAKA’s sole discretion.
- DMCA Notifications. If you believe that such content violates your copyright or otherwise violates your rights, please send a written notice to ITHAKA directed to the Office of the General Counsel, ITHAKA, 2 Rector St., New York, NY 10006 or send an email to the address listed at http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/agents/j/jstor.pdf. Please provide with your notice the following information, consistent with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; (b) identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed; (c) identification of the infringing material and information that will permit JSTOR to locate the material; (d) information that will permit us to contact you, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted; (e) a statement by you that, in your good faith belief, use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Upon such notification, or if ITHAKA learns of such a claim from another source, ITHAKA may remove such content pending the resolution of such claim.